Riding a bicycle on roads shared with motor vehicles can result in serious injuries to the cyclist if an accident occurs. A cyclist should always wear a helmet and reflective clothing to help minimize the risk of bicycle accidents.
If you were involved in a BICYCLE ACCIDENT contact Sher Law group and take the following steps:
- Contact help immediately if anyone was seriously injured and requires medical attention.
- Obtain the contact information of the driver that caused the accident, inclusive of a picture of their driver’s license and car insurance information.
- Obtain contact information for any witnesses at the scene.
- Call the police, ask the officer to provide you with an accident exchange form.
- Do not admit contributing to the cause of the accident or apologize to anyone involved.
- Do not speak with the at fault parties insurance company or accept any offer until first contacting a personal injury attorney.
- Take photos of different angles and distances of the damage to your bicycle and the vehicle that hit you.
- Skid marks, or road conditions such as construction signs, etc.
- Any bicycle gear that was damaged as a result of the impact.
- Medical bills (past and future)
- Lost wages (past and future)
- Pain and suffering
- Property Damage
- Permanent Injuries
In Arizona, if you were injured in a bicycle accident you must make a claim for your injuries within two years of the date of the incident. In some instances the deadline to file a claim may differ. For example if a government vehicle caused the crash your claim must be filed within 180 days. It is important to hire an attorney that is familiar with the statute of limitations for your specific case to ensure your claim is filed on time. If legal action is not sought within this time you forfeit your right to sue the negligent driver.
If you or a loved one have been injured in a bicycle accident, contact Sher Law Group for a free case review. If we take your case, we will not only help you navigate through the legal process but also help you find medical providers, if necessary, that will await compensation for their services until your claim is resolved. We are here to protect your rights and ensure you receive the maximum settlement to help make you whole.