Being involved in a car accident, even a minor one, can be very stressful and overwhelming. You'll need guidance as the events unfold so it's important that you contact Sher Law Group as quickly as possible so the right steps can be taken to support your case.
If you were involved in a CAR ACCIDENT it is important to take the following steps:
- Contact help immediately if anyone was seriously injured and requires medical attention.
- Obtain contact information for any witnesses at the scene
- Call the police, ask the officer to provide you with an accident exchange form.
- Do not admit contributing to the cause of the accident or apologize to anyone involved.
- Do not speak with the at fault parties insurance company or accept any offer until first contacting a personal injury attorney.
- Vehicles involved - take photos of different angles and distances of the damage to your vehicle and the vehicle that hit you.
- Skid marks, or road conditions such as construction signs, etc.
- Any items in your vehicle that were damaged as a result of the impact.
- Medical bills (past and future)
- Lost wages (past and future)
- Pain and suffering
- Property Damage
- Permanent Injuries
In Arizona, if you were injured in a car accident you must make a claim for your injuries within two years of the date of the incident. If legal action is not sought within this time you forfeit your right to sue the negligent driver. In some instances the deadline to file a claim may differ, for example if a government vehicle was involved in the crash you only have 180 days to file a claim. It is important to hire an attorney that is familiar with the statute of limitations for your specific case to ensure your claim is timely filed.
If you or a loved one have been injured in a car accident, contact Sher Law Group for a free case review. If we take your case, we will not only help you navigate through the legal process but also help you find medical providers that can properly manage your injuries and await compensation for their services until your claim is resolved. We are here to protect your rights and ensure you receive the maximum settlement to help make you whole.